An Earthquake peril policy is available.
In Texas we haven’t historically been very concerned with Earthquake damage. But fault lines do exist in the region, and new drilling operations have affected the risk to some degree. For those who are concerned about earthquake damage to their home, affordable coverage is available.
Minimum coverage of $100,000.
Deductible options: 2.5%, 5%, 10% or 15%.
Other requirements include:
- Concrete slab, basement or solid perimeter foundation
- Three levels or less in height
- Dwellings built on stilts, posts, piers or pier and beam are ineligible
- Residence types must be individually owned 1-4 family dwellings
- Rental, Seasonal, Secondary, Vacant, and Dwellings still under construction are eligible.
today for more information on earthquake insurance.